2020 Student Video Contest Now Open!
High school and college students are invited to create a fun and informative short video (under 90 seconds) highlighting the ways special districts ‘Make the Difference’ in California for a chance to win a scholarship. Additional prize money will be given to the teachers of the winning students to promote technology and support distance learning.
Once all entries are received, CSDA officials will select the top five finalists and feature those videos on the Districts Make the Difference website. The video entries will be scored on four criteria: accuracy and effectiveness, creativity and originality, production quality, and entertainment value. Once the finalists have been chosen, the videos will be posted on the website for the public to vote for the winners.
In December, after the statewide voting is closed, Districts Make the Difference will award:
- $2,000 for first-place winner
- $1,000 for second-place winner
- $500 for third-place winner
Note: An additional $500 will be awarded to the student’s teacher
High school and college students are strongly encouraged to participate in this contest for its educational engagement and scholarship opportunities. Enjoy creating a video and learning about special districts for a chance to win up to $2,000!
To enter the contest, students must do the following:
- Review the contest rules.
- Complete the entire contest application.
- Create video under 90 seconds adhering to the contest rules and submit it!
- Send completed application and a DropBox link for your video to email@example.com no later than September 30, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.