- Shadow and learn from physicians, nurses, administrators, research scientists and allied health professionals
- Take part in hands-on labs and procedure simulations
- Receive personalized college counseling, including test preparation, an essay-writing clinic and interview coaching
- Collaborate on a digestive health awareness project
- Complete American Heart Association "Basic Life Support" training
- Meet mentors and like-minded local peers
- Graduate with a certificate of completion and a letter of reference
- You are a young woman in high school, ages 16 to 18 and will be a rising Junior or Senior. Participants must have turned 16 years of age by the start of the Program.
- You are considering pursuing a career in healthcare, such as doctor, nurse, pharmacist, social worker, healthcare administrator, physical therapist, nutritionist, genetic counselor, surgeon, dermatologist, radiologist, cardiologist, physician assistant, occupational therapist and more.
- You want to learn more about career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
- You want to learn how to apply to college and/or make your college application more competitive.
- You want to make friends who share your interests.
- You want to meet role models and mentors.
- You are ready to work hard and have fun for a week this summer.
- Breakfast and lunch provided daily
- Set of scrubs
- Certification in BLS (Basic Life Support)
- Graduation reception for families
- Certificate of completion and letter of reference
In order to be eligible for scholarship consideration students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full time student (undergraduate or graduate) in good academic standing at an accredited college or university, OR
- Be a graduating high school senior with written proof of acceptance at an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5
- Submit a completed application along with all required supplementary documents by the application deadline.
Complete scholarship requirements and details are available at the Foundation’s website: www.CLLCF.org
The deadline for submitting the online application and all supporting documentation is June 1, 2019.