English Learner (EL) Program
Program Administrator, English Learner Programs: Renee Roy-Buckway
800 S. Garey Ave., Room 206 Pomona, CA 91766
(909) 397-4800 x23627
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Implement the district's program for English Learners, including staff development opportunities needed to implement quality instruction.
- Collect information for the English Learner Program.
- Assist teachers in meeting the requirements for teachers to teach English Language Learners.
- Coordination of assessments for English Language Learners.
- Coordination and support of the AVID Excel program.
- Coordination and support of the Dual Language Immersion Program.
- Extended Learning Opportunities for English Learners
The purpose of the Pomona Unified School District's Master Plan for English Learners is to ensure that schools provide equitable opportunities for the acquisition of English proficiency and academic achievement for all English Learners. In addition, it will acquaint administrators, teachers and parents with federal, state and district policies, programs, procedures, resources, and staff development opportunities. The Master Plan has been developed to ensure three goals:
To ensure the effective delivery, monitoring, and evaluation of quality instructional programs for all English Learners throughout the District.
To identify and describe the District's program options and instructional programs that meet the academic and linguistic needs of English Learners.
To provide English Learners with the educational opportunities to enable them to achieve in a diverse and changing society.