Director of Curriculum and Instruction/English Learner Program
English Learner Program Administrator
Teacher on Assignment
Address: 800 S. Garey Ave., Room 208 Pomona, CA 91766
Phone: (909) 397-4800 x23627
Fax: (909) 865-2390
Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Vision for English Learner Program: English Learners in Pomona Unified School District will receive focused, rigorous, and equitable language instruction that builds on their linguistic strengths, addresses their individual needs, and supports their ability to effectively communicate in the English Language.
- Implement the district's program for English Learners, including staff development opportunities needed to implement quality instruction.
- Collect information for the English Learner Program.
- Assist teachers in meeting the requirements for teachers to teach English Language Learners.
- Coordination of assessments for English Language Learners.
- Coordination and support of the AVID Excel program.
- Coordination and support of the Dual Language Immersion Program.
- Extended Learning Opportunities for English Learners
The purpose of the Pomona Unified School District's Master Plan for English Learners is to ensure that schools provide equitable opportunities for the acquisition of English proficiency and academic achievement for all English Learners. In addition, it will acquaint administrators, teachers and parents with federal, state and district policies, programs, procedures, resources, and staff development opportunities. The Master Plan has been developed to ensure three goals:
To ensure the effective delivery, monitoring, and evaluation of quality instructional programs for all English Learners throughout the District.
To identify and describe the District's program options and instructional programs that meet the academic and linguistic needs of English Learners.
To provide English Learners with the educational opportunities to enable them to achieve in a diverse and changing society.