Our Commitment to Excellence
The Pomona Unified School District is committed to providing a platform for accessible websites that meet Section 508 guidelines and Level AA conformance to WCAG 2.0. Our website platform and provider, work with our community to ensure the website is Accessible.
- We designed and built websites with accessibility in mind. Here are a few examples of how we do just that.
- We use modern coding standards that ensure your site is displayed consistently across different browsers and platforms.
- We include a "Skip to main content" link so visitors on screen readers can use their keyboard to skip the navigation at the top of each page.
- We use color contrast tools to meet the recommended contrast ratio for text.
- We encourage schools to add a Website Accessibility policy to their site.
- We add alt text where needed in design elements.
Exceptions and Contact Information
The Pomona Unified School District strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. We are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall web accessibility. In the meantime should you experience any difficulty in accessing the Pomona Unified School District website, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected]