Parents play a vital part in the shared responsibility to prevent COVID-19 spread in schools and communities. To date, nearly 30,000 COVID-19 cases have occurred in children under 18 years old in L.A. County. If a child’s school has reopened for one of the approved purposes, the decision to send a child back to school rests with each family. It is essential for families to follow the Department of Public Health’s safety guidance to reduce the risk of getting and spreading COVID-19. The necessary steps include:
- Keeping your child at home if she or he is sick and or has any symptoms of COVID-19, or if your child has been in contact with someone with COVID-19; symptoms to look out for in your child are fever, new onset of cough, diarrhea/vomiting/abdominal pain, and new onset of severe headache;
- Instructing your child to always wear a mask while at school and when in public outside of your home;
- Developing good hand hygiene habits so that your child frequently washes their hands, particularly before eating and after toileting;
- Teaching your child to stay 6 feet apart from others who aren’t in your household.
There are also actions that parents can take to increase their child’s safety at school:
- Find out if your child’s school does a symptom screening daily before children and staff enter school; they should be requiring this step for the entire school community.
- Ask your child about their experience at school regarding distance between students, mask-wearing, and hand washing.
- Model the behaviors you wish to see your child demonstrate when they go to school; these behaviors include wearing a face covering when outside the home, physical distancing, and hand washing.
- Ask the school to share its safety protocols and other plans for how it will handle cases and exposure that might occur at the school and ask how the school will communicate with parents if that happens.
- Be part of school efforts that promote compliance with safety directives.
For the past three weeks, since the school closures were announced, PUSD staff has worked diligently to provide resources to those students and staff in need. Due to the current COVID-19 directives and to ensure the safety of our school families, staff members and their families, the Pomona Unified School District Student and Staff Device Support Drive-through Service will be closed until further notice. The Form will remain open, in order to ensure we are capturing District needs, however we encourage all to seek alternate means to access your instructional resources during this time of crisis. If and when we are able to physically re-open technology drive-through service, those on the form will be notified. If you have an issue that can be resolved through remote tech support, please call the Technology Helpline at (909) 397-4800 ext. 23780. Thank you.
Durante las últimas tres semanas, desde que se anunciaron los cierres de escuelas, el personal de PUSD ha trabajado diligentemente para proporcionar recursos a los estudiantes y el personal que lo necesitan. Debido a las directivas actuales de COVID-19 y para garantizar la seguridad de las familias de nuestra escuela, los miembros del personal y sus familias, el servicio de asistencia para estudiantes y personal del Distrito Escolar Unificado de Pomona estará cerrado hasta nuevo aviso. El Formulario permanecerá abierto, para garantizar que estamos capturando las necesidades del Distrito, sin embargo, alentamos a todos a buscar medios alternativos para acceder a sus recursos educativos durante este tiempo de crisis. En caso de que podamos volver a abrir físicamente el servicio de acceso directo de tecnología, se notificará a los que figuran en el formulario. Si tiene un problema que se puede resolver a través del soporte técnico remoto, llame a la Línea de ayuda tecnológica al (909) 397-4800 ext. 23780. Gracias.
Please note during School closure there will be Meal Services Provided (Sack Breakfast & Lunch)
Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 9:30 am
Meals are being served in a drive -through style, children can do walk- up to get meals. Only cold meals are being served. Meals must be refrigerated within 2 hours from pick up time.
*Please be advised that the foods contained in this meal may contain the following allergens: Wheat, Soy, Eggs, Milk and Peanuts. This is not an all inclusive list of ingredients.* Meals are to not be eaten on premises. Children must be present to receive meals.
School Sites to pick up food will be as follows:
Please be advised that Pomona Unified School District will initiate an emergency closure of all district school and work sites starting Monday, March 16, 2020 through Friday, March 27, 2020 out of an abundance of caution as strongly recommended by Los Angeles County Office of Education. Additionally, all PUSD students and staff will begin Spring Break on Monday, March 30, 2020 and return back to PUSD school and work locations on Monday, April 6, 2020. Should you have any further questions, concerns and/or comments, please contact the Public Information Office via https://proudtobe.pusd.org/COVID19safetyupdates/. We will also provide additional information and details via this page as well.
Por favor note que el Distrito Escolar Unificado de Pomona iniciará un cierre de emergencia en todas las escuelas y sitios de trabajo del distrito a partir del lunes 16 de marzo de 2020 hasta el 27 de marzo de 2020 por precaución y como lo recomiendó la Oficina de Educación del Condado de Los Ángeles. Además, todos los estudiantes y el personal de PUSD comenzarán las vacaciones de primavera el lunes 30 de marzo de 2020 y regresarán a la escuela y a los lugares de trabajo el lunes 6 de abril de 2020. Si tiene más preguntas, inquietudes y/o comentarios, comuníquese con la Oficina de Información Pública vía https://proudtobe.pusd.org/COVID19safetyupdates/ .También proporcionaremos información y detalles adicionales a través de esta página.
緊急命令： 為因應新冠狀肺炎的擴散，波莫納學區將遵循洛杉磯教育局的通知自2020年3月16日星期一至2020年3月27日止緊急關閉學校兩週。另外，所有波莫納學區的學生和老師將從3月30日星期一起放春假一週。學校會在4月6日星期一恢復上課。如果你有任何問題或疑問，請直接上網至https://proudtobe.pusd.org/COVID19safetyupdates/ 瞭解詳情。所有的最新資訊也會直接在網路上發佈。
March 12, 2020 5:11 PM: The Pomona Unified School District continues to monitor reports from public health officials regarding COVID https://4.files.edl.io/c527/03/13/20/001231-f2e81b90-ce26-4b17-bde7-ecd3b7c2cd4e.pdf
March 12, 2020 4:40 PM: Our schools are open and we welcome all PUSD students and staff. As of now, there are no planned closures for any of Pomona Unified School District campuses. Protocols are in place to continue to ensure maximum safety for students and staff during academic testing and in-class instruction. For continuous updates, please visit https://proudtobe.pusd.org/apps/pages/covid19safetyupdates